Artwork of a creative mind

Popular Posts

Monday, October 5, 2015

  Dealing with bad landlords is like living in a place you don't want to be or wish for your worst enemy!! I cannot deal with another bad landlord.  Two days ago I had no heat or hot water!! I have put up with so much since i left my home.  Every landlord I've had as some kind of quirk and especially big time arrogance!   I would never treat a tenant the way they have treated me!! I wish things were different but it is a landlord's market and it seems that the politicians want to keep it that way!! We suffer at their hands and no one cares or tries to do anything about the situation!!   All the good things I have missed in my life because of constraints being put on it!! I feel like I barely made a decision about myself in my life!! Things always go the way others seem to push on me, but I have barely any control on my own life!! I don't like living this way and when I try to make the effort to make big changes, it is very difficult to move the heavy mountains surrounding me!!  I have seen so many people commit suicide in my life, not that I watched it, but they were my friends or acquaintances and I suffered their loss!!
   Life can get really scary when someone close to you is really suffering and watching someone come close to death, as my mother did this past year while in the hospital for a month, was a big stress for me and for my children as well.  But she pulled through it ans so did we.    However, I don't want to go back there, it was very push and go there for a while.  So now I'm looking forward to moving into a new place but it seems that there are no places to be found here in Yonkers.   The landlords have the foot up on us as we don't have a choice and they can ask anything and get it!! It is so frustrating to go through this; having the door slammed in my face at every turn.  It just keeps proving to me that others try to make things seem so simple, but why don't they go and find a place for me to live.   Oh you have all the resources in place, so just go and find a place...it's not that easy!!   If it was, I'd be there already, but the rents here in Westchester are astronomical and I have a section 8 voucher, that immediately puts a black mark on my chest!! I don't know where all those programs are who are fighting for fair housing, they don't actually help us down here in the trenches!! Where are they when you really need them??!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment