Artwork of a creative mind

Popular Posts

Friday, November 25, 2011

the terrors of being female in a male dominated society

   It seems that every landlord I get tries to get away with some wicked task that they barely ever get called out on.  I'm good and tired of the landlord getting me coming and going.  All they really are after is putting you in the poor house without giving anything of much value back.  When I had to move out of one place because he was selling it off to his nephew, I was the one who got evicted,  not the crazy witch upstairs whose kids came down and pissed all over my front doorstep and took off with my cell phone and video camera and every piece of gold from my jewelry box.  But when I went to call her something, after her unfriendly party goers at 3 am decided to threaten to put my shovel in my head because they were asked to move their cars from my part of the driveway.  I had to show up in court six times to answer to her bald faced charges of calling her a name.  So since she had her four or five kids living there with her before I came and since so was her maniac boyfriend whom she fought with incessantly, I was the one being forced into the street.  But that didn't matter, they came the night before my case worker was moving me and made me move all my stuff out onto Main st in the night, throwing away the balance of my stuff where people picked through my stuff every which way and in the end I lost stuff.  But they had the gall to put a new lock on the door in front of me and take the balance of my cash from my wallet in the process.  Terrorizing me and putting me up against four of their family members at the same time.  After I had to put up with months of letting the real estate brokers show the place twice a week in order for his nephew to buy the place and put his parents into my apartment.  And to top it all off, I was paying and extra $100 a month under the table to the dirty .....!! So when I went to legal aid to get my money back, they made me wait for 29 months and because I needed to get the money before Christmas, I had to settle for half of the settlement.  
      Then when I went to the new place, it was so small that I had to stack things one on top of the other in order to not put my stuff out in the hallway.  What a crap headed woman beater the next landlord was.  He not only then put me into a two bedroom because I had my son with me, but we had blown out windows there for the first two months in the place.  Where the nuts in the town could climb into the living room or kitchen windows off the roof, and they did just that. One day, I wanted to take down the old curtains and put up new, as the thing that was there was a complete rag.  So when I went to wash them in the laundromat, I came home to an open front door, which I had locked when I left, the kitchen light on and the window wide open.  Then on another occasion I was sitting in my living room, while all of a sudden a horrendous sound came and my window behind me started to come ajar.  Meanwhile I was scared but kept my head long enough to run  over to it and shut it before he got in.  I don't know who it was, but I remember a bunch of Spanish men working on the roof and leaning in my window to get blown from the fan since it was summer.  That place was mighty scary.  There was a nice whore bar directly across Broadway from there, where these half dressed mu chacha's would traipse around at 3-4 am and make a ruckus.  I had a birds eye view out my living room window.  Notwithstanding, that ___ came to me and wanted sexual favors from me.  Only according to him, every woman should ogle after his Italian whatchamacallit.  Forcibly so.  So when I tried to contact the authorities, they shirked it off looking at me like I was some sort of a criminal.  So with full trepidation, I had to listen to the three maniacs with their music blasting off every weekend from downstairs.  Meanwhile, their ____ of a mother would yell at all hours.  They plugged into my cable for playboy channel raising my bill by another $180.  So I had to call the company in order to get it deleted from the bill.  But in the meantime, they sized up the apartment for the kill.  When all was said and done, they had done away with all the rest of my precious jewelry along with the camera I had bought but not used yet.  Nonetheless, I was threatened by the  section 8 office that I had to take care of the floor in the second bedroom, well, that is what the landlord called it , but I had to manage to sleep in the living room and give my son the bedroom as there was no space in the second bedroom.  So it took around $150 to buy the tiles myself and put them down after I had to remove three layers of years of stuck on linoleum tiles that were so filthy you couldn't see the bottom of them.  So in the process I wrecked two pairs of my pants. 
  Then to put insult to injury, the bathroom floor caves in at 12:30 midnight.  Then that Italian stallion was mighty angry that I called the  town building inspectors out.  While the floor was rotted, they managed to have some local fix the cement in on top of the rot.  While the bathtub surround was so slimy puke color with a nice big tare in it.  I asked him to get paint at least so I could cover it over,  and after the dead mouse was left under the stove for about 10 days and was stinking me out.  He comes in and says " I don't smell a thing, if I move this stove out and there is nothing there, you are going to have to pay me to remove the stove.  What a kaniver, or should I say cheap __x-!!O-Fxgf__!  On top of which he had the nerve to take me in for a section 8 conference with the express proposal of having me being taken off my section 8, with his horrifying wife, she was another one for the records. Alot of other things happened  to me there that I won't get into today.  But needless to say, they do and try to get away with all kinds of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment