Artwork of a creative mind

Popular Posts

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Wish I could do more

   I really enjoy theaters and performances, but it's not easy to go to them today.  Since everything is so expensive and it's difficult to keep up going while I am in school. Although Purchase is good in that it gives student discounts, but not to everything.  And some things run into money.  I always wanted to get involved with the theater, but it is very difficult to make it in the theater and in the art worlds.  People are a strange breed and they will do anything to keep you out of the mix.  I had aspirations as a young person but they were all dashed to the ground.  Now I'm trying to make a go of my life in some form or another, but even the famous artists of the past seemed to have it difficult.  It's just generally a tough thing to make money on your art, or as an artist or art defender.  I am trying to come up with a creative solution to make a go of making a living in the arts, but it still eludes me.  Someday I will find a way, I hope sooner, because time is of the essence now.  I hope it doesn't take me too long for me to make a way.  The life a performer or artist can be filled with sadness.  It is very humbling indeed to realize that you must fight the situations that you face on a daily basis, and to keep up that fight, if you can.  It seems that life is one trial after another, and you need to be able to take all the punches it throws you.  It's a difficult thing to scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment